Your Hospital Bag Checklist
Wondering what to pack in your hospital bag?
We've got you covered!
We have built a mama-approved hospital bag checklist list of items for Baby and Mom to take with you to the Hospital or Birthing Centre when the day arrives.
One thing you often don't think of are food and snacks! It's nice to have some pre-made or pre-bought snacks that you can have for you and your partner - especially if your time there is a but longer than anticipated.
And water bottles - reusable water bottles are so key to have, or anything with a straw.
Wondering when to start packing?
Experts say that anytime from 34-37 weeks you should start compiling your bag. Have it close by so you can add things as you go!
Here is our Mama-approved hospital bag checklist:
- Flip flops or Slippers
- Nursing Bras (Bravado is our fave)
- Nursing pads
- Large period pads
- Comfortable underwear (high-waisted are great)
- Nursing tops (like our Essential Nursing Dress)
- Joggers or Comfy Pants
- Delivery Gown
- Perineal bottle
- Glasses, if you wear
- Toiletries (Brush, hair elastics, toothbrush + paste, face wash, cream)
- Postpartum vitamin packs (Bird & Be travel-friendly packs are our fave!)
- Diapers (newborn and Size 1)
- Baby clothes (Oneises and two-pieces)
- Car Seat
- Baby socks
- Baby hats and mitts
For the Hospital Bag
- Phone chargers
- Reusable water bottle
- Snacks (granola bars, muffins, etc)
- Lip balm + moisturizer
- Hair Ties + brush
- Hand Sanitizer
- Entertainment (mags, headphones, Saje oils)
- Birth Plan Document + Photo IDs
Check out our fave nursing-friendly maternity wear!
Colleen (in top image) is wearing our Essential Nursing Dress, designed to be the perfect piece to have at the hospital or for those first few months at home. With a chic v-neck and soft, breathable fabric, it's designed to be your live-in sleep and feed wear.
Melissa (below) is wearing our Labour & Delivery Gown. Available in 3 colours and sizes, this gown is made to have for the hospital for every mama. It features front snaps for easy feeding and back snaps for monitor or epidural access. It's the gown you'll want to have for your entire stay!
You got this, Mama!